Invisible aligners at Ortho3
At Ortho3, our team strive to ensure our patients have access to the very latest orthodontic treatments and technology. With two practices in the Sydney’s City and Bondi Junction, we work hard to remain at the forefront of orthodontics and thanks to emerging aligner technology and design; we can help you achieve a perfectly straight smile.
Invisible Aligners FAQ's
Invisible aligners are custom-made medical grade plastic trays. They are designed to slip easily over your teeth, putting a light pressure against them to guide the teeth into position. The aligners themselves are visually unnoticeable because they are clear and they fit to the exact shape of your smile.
The invisible aligners use a series of clear removable plastic aligners to straighten teeth discreetly and operate without metal wires or brackets. The aligners are custom made to fit each and every one of your teeth. The custom-made nature of this device means that you can experience increased comfort whilst wearing the aligners. Because the aligners are transparent and shaped to fit your smile, they will be virtually unnoticeable to others.
The treatment time is often between 12 to 24 months, depending on your particular oral condition. To receive the desired results, it is often essential that you wear your aligners between 20 – 22 hours per day.
Suitable candidates can range from teenagers and adults; however, the success of this treatment is dependent on the patient’s compliance to wear their appliance at the designated times.
The aligners are worn full time and can be removed to eat, drink, brush and floss your teeth. Every four to six weeks you will visit your orthodontist to collect a new set of aligners which are programmed to move your teeth little by little to achieve your desired result. For suitable candidates, this is a lifestyle friendly orthodontic treatment as aligners can be removed to:
- Enjoy your favourite sticky and crunchy foods
- As the aligners are removable it is possible to take them out to eat particular foods that may not be desirable to consume when wearing a fixed appliance.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene
- You can maintain a thorough cleaning routine whilst wearing the aligners as you can remove them to brush and floss as you normally would. It is essential to retain an excellent oral hygiene routine in order to protect your smile while you are receiving orthodontic treatment.
- Attend formal events, weddings and nights out with confidence
- A distinct advantage of the aligners is the fact that this orthodontic appliance can be removed for special occasions.
Invisible Braces Sydney
During your consultation, we will discuss your orthodontic options and identify if invisible aligners would be a desirable option for you.
The good news for adults now is that there are discreet treatments. Although the aligner treatment is not suitable for all patients, invisible aligners can provide a method of straightening your teeth for less complex alignment concerns.